Dear family and friends,
This will have to do as my Christmas letter this year. This year has gone by so fast, I can't believe it is almost over. We have had a busy and wonderful year. Our most exciting news is that we bought a house nearby that we are busy remodeling. It is going a little slow since we are doing the remodeling ourselves but we are excited. It's a good thing I married a man who can do anything. We love it here and feel very blessed to be able to raise our children here. We took a trip to Arizona, Mom came to visit, I went to Texas, along with family baptisms, baby blessings and birthdays we have been able to see and spend time with so many of you!
Tom is self employed again and keeps very busy. He finally got released from Young Mens after almost 4 years and now roams the halls aimlessly on Sundays. We have already been told our new callings are waiting for us when we move to our new ward, so he better enjoy it while he can. He still enjoys volunteering as an EMT , firefighter, Search & Rescue officer, and is an EMT/CPR/1st Aid instructor. He went to Hole in the Rock this year on his rock crawling trip that he looks forward to every year. He enjoys the outdoors and loves to fish and hunt. He's looking forward to taking both Alisa and Tanner hunting this year. He works on the house every chance he gets. He is a wonderful husband and father.
I am still working part time working for the same great company. I actually read 4 books in the last month just for fun. That's 4 more than I've read in the last 10 years! I wish I had time to scrapbook. I am the girl's Activity Day leader which is the best calling ever! I look forward to BYU Education Week every year and my girl's weekend with my cousin, sisters and our daughters. It has become a fun tradition that my girl's look forward to and talk about all year. I love having my sisters close.
Tanner is 12 and in 6th grade. He is a deacon and going to mutual now! (I couldn't have been that little when I was 12, I can remember sitting in church watching the deacons pass the sacrament and thinking about how cute they were!) He just finished Hunter Safety Education and is soooo excited to hunt this year. He loves baseball and fishing.
Amanda is 10 and in 4th grade. She loves to talk, sing and dance. She enjoys playing the piano. She is becoming a great babysitter. She can always be found on the phone talking to or playing with her cousin Kadi. She is a great student but if you ask her the best part of school is playing tether ball at recess.
Hayden is 7 and in 2nd grade. He has grown like a weed since school started and wears the same size as Tanner. His favorite color is pink. Yes, pink. He started piano lessons. He loves to ride his bike and play with friends. He is such a sweet kid and has such a funny personality. He loves it when the girls chase him at recess and he wants to be an EMT when he grows up.
Grace is 6 and started Kindergarten this year. She is a crack up and makes us laugh all the time with her funny sayings. She started dance, had her first kiss and got "married" this year to her best friend in the world, her cousin Eric. She loves pink, princesses, My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop. She got to come on our girl's weekend this year, so there is no leaving her home now!
We love and miss you all and hope you are all doing well and are having a wonderful holiday season!
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Christmas Letter 2007
at
11:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the Christmas letter. That's a good idea to put it on your blog. I may copy that idea. Can't wait for our next girls weekend either. March? April? January? We need to get together soon. Love, Wen
Great letter! It's fun to see the whole year put into a few paragraphs!
Post a Comment